Friday, April 16, 2010

Highlight of my month!

So, I have a love for PW, that is Pioneer Woman for you folks who haven't experienced the creativity, the cooking and the love story of her life. (Check her out at www.pioneerwoman.com) Anyway, she is a big photographer and her pictures are great!!! She holds a photo contest every once in awhile and of course, every time I enter. I never expect to see my pictures on her website (though the hope is always there) and low and behold, yesterday was the day!!!! Imagine my surprise when I go to see the amazing photos that have been entered and there is mine! MINE!!!

And this is what PW said, "Incredibly unusual…almost Twilight-ish. Love it"

I think my heart stopped. But not only was this just the biggest honor, some of the comments had my head swelling!!!

10 On April 15th, 2010 at 6:08 am Thunja said:
#1 campchaos
#2 KatherineNaomi

15 On April 15th, 2010 at 6:41 am Rae said: I love droplets, but they are all amazing. Of course. Such talent!!! Congratulations to all!!

33 On April 15th, 2010 at 7:52 am Patti said: Wowza … after seeing this group, I’m inspired to get better at my photography hobby. Tab.itha blows my mind but oooh campchaos … sooo beautiful.

35 On April 15th, 2010 at 7:56 am Marvett Smith said: Love Campchaos, and I truly hope Robin’s model was paid to hold that spider! Her shot is absolutely amazing! I can’t believe the detail in the spider. I love these assignments, and all of the talented people who participate!

42 On April 15th, 2010 at 8:26 am Sara McDaneil said: Oh wow, you have alot of great photos to choos from!
Thanks for including mine!
The red/black leaf with water drops is my fav, I love it

84 On April 15th, 2010 at 11:10 am marywether said: I love them all… the twilight-ish one, the jack-in-the-beanstalk one… they’re all so gorgeous and make me appreciate all the colors around me in this world!

88 On April 15th, 2010 at 11:40 am Cindy said: Favs: the frog by S.Louise and the black and red leaves by Campchaos (wow). After the spider, i was terrified to keep scrolling down for fear that there might be another one!
108 On April 15th, 2010 at 9:31 pm Kelly said: that black and red one -the twilightish one, is very cool! these are amazing!

113 On April 16th, 2010 at 6:26 am Kelly Shannon said: I love Amber’s shot, but I am so distracted from the beauty when there is a name or a photography ad on the shots! Request that photography is just that- not an advertisement!
Campchaos has submitted a very beautiful study – almost meditative, containing my favorite three-color combo. Some of these macro submissions are breathtaking!

And then on my Flickr page, the picture has recieved 186 views, 9 comments and 23 people added it to their favorites!!!!! I'm dizzy and excited!!! Thank you all, this has been so fun!!!

1 comment:

chelle said...

It's a fabulous photo, Beth! You should be proud.