Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Birthday Zachary Douglas...


Seventeen years ago at this time I was on a hospital bed in Puerto Rico, feeling very alone and scared. You are my first born and you decided to make an early appearence, 6 weeks early! Your lungs were not quite developed yet so they needed to put you on a helicopter and fly you to a better equipped hospital. Your father went with you and I was left all alone. When I finally got to you 2 days later, there you were in an incubator and hooked up to wires...you reminded me of the movie "logan's Run" and that is what I kept thinking. Let's run Zak....far away from here! You made it and we made it to where we are today. You have grown into a wonderful young man and I am so proud of you and everything you have accomplished. I will pat myself on the back too (wink, wink) I love you and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

No comments: