Friday, December 11, 2009

A Tragic Loss......


A friend of mine died last night. I still can't figure this out. I awoke as usual and went to check my email and facebook, to see what my friends were up to for the day and I saw that one of them posted that she couldn't stop crying and she needed her Zen girls (that is what our group of friends is called) I thought, oh no! something happened to one of her boys! So I logged on to Zen to find out that "Shimmy" (Traci) was in an accident and was killed. It hurts to even write that out. She was hit by a train, meeting her fiance.........this hurts.....

I have known Shimmy for many years now. We belonged to a meessage board foe wayward "scrapbookers" and we have a tight knit group of girlfriends. We have had our ups and downs with all of us and when one of the boards broke up, she emailed me daily cause she did not want to lose our friendship. We laughed, shared stories of our kids, shared our favorite book and movies and she turned me on to some different music that she thought I would like. We shared pictures of our dogs, shared recipes and just truly liked each other. She called me "OtherBeth" cause there is another girl on the board named Beth and I always loved that nickname <3. Then she left this board for awhile, life gets in the way and other things but then we found her again on facebook. She always had an encouraging word for everyone and i found her to be a very strong and beautiful woman. The kicker......I have never met her in real life. We are an online community of friends who have been thru alot together. Some of us have met, ohters not. But if you ask anyone of us they will say we may even be closer that IRL friends. I love all my girls on Zen and I know we will get thru this. It is going to be so hard but the love we have for one another will get us thru it. Oh, and I never told Shimmy this but one time she called me and I wasn't home, she left me a message and she had the most adorable voice ever! Traci, I will say a prayer for your son and I know you will be looking out for him and helping him thru his pain. You were the best mom and a great friend. I will miss you dearly.

No comments: