Friday, June 13, 2008

Guilty Pleasure movie

So, I was home making lunch and decided to change the channel from the food network (I can only watch so many of their reruns) and now that they changed the lineup in the afternoon, I can't stand it.........so anyway, I flipped thru some channels and landed on Coyote Ugly. And I was hooked and ended up watching the whole thing and of course crying and sobbing like a baby!

So at the end of the movie, "Jersey" asks her boyfriend..."What happens after all your dreams come true?" I don't know if that is a direct quote but it hit me......All my dreams have come true so what do I do now? I have the Suburban, a pool, 3 adorable boys, a loving dog, a white picket fence, I'm a stay at home mom and I have a loving and handsome husband. What more could a girl ask for? I am not saying that life is at all perfect, I get behind on bills sometimes, I'm overweight, my hair sucks and even though the kids are cute, they are not always the best behaved. But I recently read A New Earth (suggested by the queen herself, Oprah), and as simple as this may seem or even stupid sounding.....I realized that I am not unhappy. I told this to my friend Madeline the other night and she thought that it was a big statement, yea, I do too. So, I guess I have had my AHA moment (thanks again Oprah!!!) I'm not doing to bad for myself!

See, even from a silly movie like Coyote Ugly can make you think.

No comments: