Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dodging the bullet...again.


Well, we (or I should say Jackson) dodged the bullet for the second time. He had another "episode" of his heart condition and almost left us. He was very clingy all day, I thought maybe cause Christopher was home sick threw him off schedule. But when Chris came home for lunch, he was bubbling and drooling at the mouth, so I took him outside and he just kept circling and coming back over to me to cuddle, and that is not like him when he is outside. Then Chris came out and Jackson just sat at his feet. I ran inside , called the vet and they told me to bring him in now! The whole drive over was the scariest time....he was breathing heavy, drooling and he would just plop his head down. I thought he was going to die right then and there. We got him into the vet and after what seemed like an eternity, they called me into the room. That was the worst, too. I just knew they were going to come in and tell me he was gone.

Dodged!

The vet came in and said if this dog just walked in off the street, he would have thought he was in perfect health. He said he was responsive, and his heart rate looked good. He let me take him home and I got in touch with the vet from Albany and we talked and he is going to put him on some more medication and see if that helps....

What a day! And then last night, he was so frisky, playing with his bones and acting like a two year old should act! So I have been given the gift of another day with this beautiful boy. Thank you.

No comments: