Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day


Yesterday we went to my parents to swim,it was so darn hot here, and to drop off his father's Day presents. But we coulldn't go in the house cause the doctor said he is still contagious (shingles) . I also made him a copy of Taylor Hicks song DO I MAKE YOU PROUD, and wrote play me on it. I told mom it would make him smile cause we had a gentle war over American Idol So anyways, she calls me after we got home and said I thought he would smile, he's crying his eyes out, thanks!! And this was in my e-mail box this morning.....

To answer Taylor hicks question "Am I proud of you"
I was proud of you when you were born

I was proud of you when you pulled yourself across the floor with a body cast at 1 1/2 yrs old

I was proud of you when you were my beautiful curly headed little girl

I was proud of you when you slammed the door and went down to your room.

I was proud of you when you won ribbons in a horse show

I was proud of you when went away to Virginia to start your adult life

I was proud of you when you came home with Zachary

I was proud of you when you fell in love with Chris

I was proud of you when you gave us Christopher

I was proud of you when Sam was born

I was allways proud of you, but no more than now when you make me cry.

Love, DAD

I have the best Dad. Thanks for letting me share cause it really touched me.

1 comment:

Wendylicious said...

That is so sweet! TFS!